Monday 27 May 2013

A Trip To The Sea Side…


Sunday 26 / 05 / 13, the sun was shining over Britain, and Mother-Jack awoke in the mood to drive somewhere… Initially our destination was unknown but due to me running late as usual, and taking approximately 2.5 hours to get ready, going very far was not on the cards.
We took off at around midday, and Father-Jack took charge and made the decision for us to venture to the British sea-side town of Whitby. I would say Whitby is close to all the hearts of us Yorkshire men, and proves to be a “lovely” day out when en “famille”, and have no desire to “rough it up” in Scarborough. I apologise for my snobbish remarks, but theirs something about Whitby that screams “retire” and “quaint” which I have never really found in other British sea-side towns. Look, I’m usually one to be at the beach in some foreign land (usually Israel), so would never class myself as a British Coast Expert.

whitby1






whitby2






















I couldn’t write this post with out showing you some pictures of this little coffee shop we stopped at whilst out and about. If you’re ever in Whitby, it is located along the main road, in Whitby Town Centre, near the courtyard, where there is often an outdoor vintage sale taking place. The cafe is called the Walrus and the Carpenter, and not only was the decor enough to make your heart warm up, and little envy run through your blood, but their coffee wasn’t half too bad either. Highly recommended!!

whitby4
whitby3
I’d love to hear about the places you like to travel to on family days out, and I certainly know that Mother-Jack is looking to explore constantly!
badge

No comments:

Post a Comment